CHEVY NEED HELP. NOT TECHNOLOCIALLY MINDED.

2001 Chevrolet Venture

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2001 Chevy Venture 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 320000 miles

I own a Venture van as you know. The problem is that we get a great amount of shaking and wobbling when we turn to the left. Last week I went to town and while I was driving I could smell something that was burning. When I stopped I checked the oil and it was fine. But when I went to check the front right tire it was really hot.
My son works on vehicles and he took a look and noticed that a rubber sleeve coming from the tire and is connected to the front end was worn away. Could this be a major problem. Would I be better off looking for another car?
Sorry I dont have a picture but I was hoping to find one online so that I could ask the proper question or inform you as to the exact location.

This sleeve is like a rubber that covers the joints.
Turtle9

What do you mean by a rubber sleeve. Can you give me a better description.

Rhall77
320000 mi? Wow, It sound like your left cv joint bearings are gone! Due to worn cv boots wich is probably the rubber that u are talking about
not uncommon!

Pastorcesena