CHEVY

1999 Chevrolet Venture

1999 Chevy Venture 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

abs and traction control light on
abs not working
traction control switch somtimes works to turn on and off light on dash come and go also hit the brakes and the turn signails will speed up and slow down when you let off brake and reverse lights light up when you apply brakes and when you turn the sterring wheel the rear air speeds up and slows down this all started at the same time should I replace the sterring coulmn first?
Josh thompson

Check both of the rear lights there is a short in one of them or both. This is where your trouble is. Could be a bulb melted in the socket or melted board. Common problem with ventures, silhoettes, montanas. You are just following a beaten path followed by many others that bought g.M.'S junk.

Rockwood84
Replaced both tailight circut boards with new ones wires where not hot or look burned but now when you turn the sterring wheel the back heater speeds up and slows down as you turn

JTHOMPSON160
Don't know why turning the steering wheel would make the heater change speeds. I can find nothing in the wiring schematics that would let it do this. Does it only do the steering wheel /heater fan speed going down the road or sitting still turning steering wheel or both? If going down the road it could be a loose wire on the rear blower resistor or a bad resistor. You have to get inside the left rear side panel the resistor is on the end of the blower motor. It will have a plug connector going to it and should be two bolts holding it in place

Rockwood84
Yea I know it has me stumped to so I decied to replace sterring colum with a used one from junkyard when I went to remove the junkyard one I noticed that the main dash " ground" is connected to the top right mounting bolt of the sterring colum so hopefully it's that I will found out tonight if not then I'm really up creak without a paddle thanx agin for the help

JTHOMPSON160
The rear resistor could be bad if the steering column don't cure it try the resistor. Good luck with it.

Rockwood84