CHEVY SPEEDOMETER

1997 Chevrolet Venture

Computer problem
1997 Chevy Venture 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

I am having trouble figuring out why the guages in my van are not working. It's just the gas guage and the speedometer. They will be fine when I start out driving but about ten minutes later they go nuts. The gas guage will go from full to empty at any time and the speedometer will just fall to zero. I know the engine has been replaced. I'm not sure about the transmission, and it has a new radiator and comdenser. I have another computer but I don't want to have it put in if it's a simple fix. CAN YOU HELP ME?
Shikthry84

Check the fues and relays to both of these components. Don't just check to see if the fuses/relays are good but how tightly they fit into their sockets (loose fuses/relays can cause intermittent problems--like this).

Make sure that the ground strap at the fuel tank is bolted to the frame of the van (about mid-ways the gas tank--bolted to frame near middle of van).

Check speed sensor connector--make sure it is plugged in and makes good contact. Its located on the transaxle--passenger side about 12 inches from where axle enters transaxle)

Freemba