93 CAVALIER WONT START

1993 Chevrolet Truck

I have a 93 chevy cavalier w/ a 2.0l engine and 123000 miles. Car cranks, has good compression and good spark, but will not start. When ignition key is turned to run position, the fuel pump runs longer than normal, about one minute or longer before shutting off. After cranking, the fuel pump continues to run for about 30 seconds. I replaced the fuel filter and the old filter was very restricted, still no start. I sprayed starting fluid into the throttle body and the engine started for a few soconds then died. Please give advise

Thank You
Speed_bump
Speed_bump

It sounds to me like you have lost your fuel pump. If you use anything to start your car don't use starting fluid use choke cleaner. Starting fluid is real dangerious it can lock your motor up till you pull the plugs out and that stuff hangs around longer than I like if you motor happen to spark for any reason it could burn you very serously. I almost lost my eye sight due to someone useing starting fluid. If you can get your hands on a fuel pressure guage check pressure. If the filter was as cloged as you sya I bet it is fuel pump which my friend is in the tank if I remember right the pressure should be right at 35 psi any less won't fly. Hope this helps. (NOS)

NOS