CHEVY TAHOE STALLS AT IDLE OR WHEN TURNING SLOW

2001 Chevrolet Truck

I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe with 87,000 miles. Within the last 4 to 5 months the SUV has been stalling will at idle or turning in a parking lot. It runs good while driving at a constant speed. However, I do notice the car surging or the RPM jumping as we are traveling. On long trips (250 miles) with AC going, at the end the check engine light will illuminated for a couple of days then disappear. This only happens on long trips. I have changed the fuel filter, air filter, PVC valve, and battery. The only thing I have not changed is the spark plugs. The last couple of days after getting the PVC valve changed the car has died three times each day. I can place the car in neutral and it starts right back up again. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for the help.

JC
JDC

Clean out the throttle bore around the butterfly with a little carb cleaner and a rag. Scan the PCm to get the codes, might give us a place to start. Also might want to go ahead and do the plugs and wires, I suggest A/C Delco parts. One other thing, the fuel pressure regulator is on the fuel rail, D/S and has a vacuum line going up to intake, remove vacuum line after shutting off the engine and look for raw fuel in the line, if present replace the regulator

Jack42