CHEVY PRIZM

1999 Chevrolet Truck

I have a 99 Chevy Prizm. It has about 92K miles. As I drive, it makes a knocking sound as if the sound was coming from the driver's side front end. Also It is very distint when I come to a stop. I can hear a squeaking noise and the knocking. I'm thinking it could be the cv joints but I'm need sure. Please advise.
Dyxter

Daddy sas those nosies can be tricky sometime to figgir out. He thinks you need to splain more about them noises. Like maybe it's when you go over bumps, or maybe when your turnin. MAybe if you tell us more maybe we can figgir it out. : Wink:

Cleavage4U
The noise can be heard while drive on smooth surface and particularly noticable when braking. It also seems to make some noise when turning too.

Dyxter
Maybe you could take a peak under that car and look at the Rubber boots that cover the axle shaft joints and see if they are leakin bad or ripped open.

When you do the brakin, do you feel anything or are just hearin' it?

Does the noise make any changin when you are turnin left instead of right, or vicey versey?

Cleavage4U