CHEVY ASTRO VAN

1999 Chevrolet Truck

Hi
I have a small (I hope) electrical problem with this van. For some reason when the van hits a bump or pothole in the street, it totally shuts down all electrical, and all power. I'm almost sure and hopeful that it was the ground cable that goes to the battery, because it just recently jarred itself free, and now is completley disconnected. Could the electrical have been the loose cable? Or should I check something else?
Hugnfun

Do you have the 4.3L engine? I had a similar problem.
I'd hit a bump, and the van would die. There is an A/C line that runs across the top of the engine, and rubs against the wire harness going to the ignition coil. Remove the engine cover, start the van, then wiggle the 4-wire harness attached to the coil. If the van dies, there's you problem!

Astro
Yes it does have a 4.3. I will look into that A.S.A.P. Thanks for the advice.

Hugnfun
Also check the harness to the ignition control module mounted to the coil bracket for same.

Astro