CHEVY STALLED OUT AND NOW IT WON'T START!

1997 Chevrolet Truck

1997 Chevy Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual 224000 miles

I was driving this truck and noticed a slit hesitation every once in a while, then one day on my way home from work it stalled out. I tried popping the clutch and still nothing. I came to a stop and tried turning the key over. It was trying to start but seemed like it was out of gas. I noiticed that I could not hear the fuel pump. I was told that it could be a cracked Distributor. Where should I begin?
Kpruitt

Start with the basics. If it cranks good but won't start, have a helper crank it while you visually check for spark at the plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Some of the national brand auto stores used to loan out a fuel pressure gage, if you don't have one.

To check for spark, pull a spark plug wire. Use a known good plug or spark tester in the boot. Ground metal part of plug/tester to metal part of engine, engine cranking, watch for spark.

Internetmechanic