CHEVY GAS IN THE COMPUTER

1997 Chevrolet Truck

Computer problem
1997 Chevy Truck 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

My truck threw a abs light on the panel while driving and hesitated for a few seconds, then drove fine for 60 miles, at that time, on the interstate at 60mph, the truck jerked hard and died instantly. After having it towed to the mechanic, he found gas had sucked up through the electrical wiring and filled the computer with gas. He said he had never seen this happen and really didnt know how to fix!
We have towed the truck home to attempt to work on it, but really do not know where to start. He said he called a fellow mechanic and they suggested possibly the " spider", or an injector, o ring, etc. What would cause this and where should we start our repairs?
Thanks!
John6162

Hi
I too have never seen such a problem was the computer that filled with gas next to brake master?
The spider is under upper intake manifold along with injectors. Remove and take a look. I cannot understand how fuel would follow wiring back to comp? Will ask around
let me know
Thanks for donate

Docfixit