CHEVY CAVILIER ENGINE COOLING FAN/HELP

1997 Chevrolet Truck

I would like to know your advise on what needs to be checked before I take my car to an auot repair shop. I already know that the fan for the engine is not kicking on at all so that it is starting to run hot because of the weather. I'm not sure if it need to be replaced, but I know that there are several things that I could check before I take it some place. If you could help I would greatly Appreciate it. I am just worried cause on something like this I could get screwed out of alot of money. Thanks so much. : Lol:
Desires22_22

It is a simple circuit. You turn on the A/C and the computer tells the coolant fan relay to turn on. The engine gets to 220 degrees F and the fan comes on.

There are two fuses (large) that go to the fan circut. They are labeled in your under hood fuse box. The fan relay is also there.

If you have the 4cyl engine don't drive it. If it overheats severely (over 240) then you have damaged either a cylinder head or head gasket and that =$. Good Luck.

Losone