CHEVY CAVALIER TURN SIGNALS/BRAKE DONT WORK ETC.

1997 Chevrolet Truck

My 97 cavalier 2.2 liter base model with 170,000 has had a problem with the turnsignals not flashing or even turning on and the hazard lights dont even come on either. On top of all that the brake lights wont come on no more when pressed down. The headlights stilll work and parking lamps when headlights are on but the outer lights dont come on. I replaced the turn signal switch that didnt do nothing, and I had replace to turn signal/hazard flasher but that didnt work either. But I didnt change both at the same time, could it be that? I also have had problems with heat going cold when you go over 50, but the heat is hot until 50. And sometimes the gauge reads and jumps. Ive changed (thermostat+thermostat sensor+ flushed/changed all hoses). Some times when getting out of vehicle after driving I recieve and intense elec/stat shock from the door, maybe thats part of the prob. PLEASE HELP! Its almost like a possesed car.
Biged698

Hi
lets start with one problem, the lights, have you checked the fuses and bulbs and the bulb sockets for corrosion

Jim

CHEVYII
I checked and tested all fuses, they are all good. I have not checked the light sockets bc when they went out we were driving and about to make a left turn and they just quit right then. Idk if its a ground or what. But ill check the bulbs too.

Biged698
HEy I tried that, it didnt work. What else can I do now?

Biged698
I would use a multimeter to trace the lack of voltage from the lights back towards the battery source.

Scarecrowdjinn