CHEVY CAVALIER, 123,000MI. HELP MY HORN WONT BEEP!!!!

1997 Chevrolet Truck

Well my horn wont beep, took it the mechanic for inspection, he wont pass it. If it is a fuse the mechanic couldnt find it, he didnt know which was which cause the fuses weren't marked. Can you tell me the particular fuse he would need to change IF that is the problem. ALSO, IF its not the fuse, what else could be the problem? JESSICA : ?
Jessica2u

Hi jessica ,
im sorry to hear you mechanic could not find a fuse , lol

thats too funny but anyway the fuse for the horn also runs you interior lights , so if they arent out chances are its something else , like a horn relay or the horn itself , or the turn hazard headlight switch assembly
here is the fuse location the box cover should be marked with this but its for cig,,,, look at the pic and the fuse box it should match up , you may have to count over and down but here it is

thanks, jim
oh and leave some feedback if you were happy with your help , we all donate our time here helping others

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/59481_fuse_1.jpg

CHEVYII
Sounds like it's time for a new mechanic!

Maybe the mechanic is the problem, hows a new tech sound, mechanics use bfh's and pipe wrenches

CHEVYII
Well thanks for the diagram of the fuse box that should help. BUT what you were saying about the dome light. My dome light never goes out, (i had to pull the bulb out of it so it doesnt drain the battery) and my HORN doesn't beep. NOW the horn not beeping was going on for a few months. But the dome lite, being on where I had to disconnect just started happening a few days ago after I got the car back from the body, shop. Are these two things related? And how do I fix them?

Jessica2u
Could be related but check the fuse first, and what was your car in the body shop for, that may be related

lmk

thanks, jim
oh and leave some feedback if you were happy with your help, we all donate our time here helping others

CHEVYII
MY CAR WAS IN THE SHOP FOR BODY WORK IT WAS HIT ON THE RIGHT SIDE, THEY HAD TO REPLACE THE RIGHT DOOR. RECENTLY AFTER THAT MY DOME LITE STAYS ON AND WONT GO OUT I HAD TO DISCONNECT IT. THE ISSUE AT THE INSPECTION WAS THAT THE HORN DIDNT BEEP. THAT WAS NOT BEEPING FOR ABOUT 5 MONTHS THOUGH. JESSICA

Jessica2u
Ok check the fuses, and if thats not it we will try and get you further, the dome light is most likely related to the door repair as there is a switch on the door or the door trim that turns the light on and off, I would take that right back to the body shop and have them deal with it free of charge,

get back to me on the fuse thing

thanks, jim

CHEVYII
Okay I will let you know where I get with this tommorow. Jessica

Jessica2u
Okay I will let you know where I get with this tommorow. Jessica[/quote: c0515a4c7c] and thanks for the help. Jessica

Jessica2u
Ok well yall went about it the right way, but in a cavalier the domelight and horn have nothing to do with each other, its the horn and cigarette light, check your lighter if it does not work then get a blue (15) fuse, and replace where it says cig. Light.

Sorry bubba never said they did

jim

Bubba_koski