CHEVY 2500 PICKUP 5.7

1995 Chevrolet Truck

My chevy pickup starts then stalls ---runs very rough and stalls----i cant even put it in gear (automatic transmission) it stalls---i have to pump the gas to keep it running at all and it is extremly rough and still stalls ---when it stalls it appears to make a hard air sucking noise----i have checked the codes and have replaced the map, oxygen sensor, tps, iac sensorsi cleared the codes and retested and it only shows the code 12 nowi checked for bad or contamination in the gas --appears ok---i replaced the plugs wires cap and rotor less than a year ago----what could the problem be help please before this thing breaks the bank : oops:
Jziggyp

It sounds like you have a clogged fuel filter [most likely] or you may have a vacuum leak around the throttle body or intake manifold. The fuel filter is under the box on the left side frame rail. Make sure you remove your filler cap and disconnect your battery before you start. This relieves the pressure in the fuel line. You could also check the torque on the throttle body mounting bolts. Should be 12 ft. Lbs. Hope this helps.

Bob77
I checked and could not find a vaccum leak---and the fuel filter I had already replacedthe hard vaccum sound only happens when it stalls out.

Jziggyp
It really sounds like a fuel supply problem. Maybe a bad filler cap[too much vacuum in tank], pinched fuel line, or weak fuel pump? Do you have any way to check the fuel pressure? Should be 9-13 psi. Also there is a whole slew of other sensors. If all else fails, get it plugged into a diagnostic computer to be sure.

Bob77
After replacing the iac sensor. Map sensor. Oxygen sensor, fuel regulator and injectors on the tbi, fuel filterit still did the same thing---the sensors where replaced by testing and retrieving the codes----codes 12, 22, 32, 33, 44---which lead me to replace those sensors. And still not getting any results except that the codes nolonger came up with the replaced sensors ----then I did another code test and a new code came up code 54----didnt show up on any previous tests, FUEL PUMP : o --i replaced the fuel pump in the gas tank and then it wouldnt start at all---so apart it came again to recheck the instalationneither old or new pump would run when I tried to bench test it ----so I got discouraged and just left the new pump in and put it all together again---ouch bleeding profusley from my knucle busted hands ----all connections wwere properly connected the first time and the second time---to my suprise it started after reinstalled and runs greatmust be the truck gods dont like me : twisted: ----well at least im up and running again ---thanks for the help : D

Jziggyp
Good to hear you got it sorted out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. Hopefully it's all smooth sailing from here. : D

Bob77