CHEVY POSSIBLE THROW-OUT BEARING REPLACEMENT?

1989 Chevrolet Truck

1989 Chevy Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual 41,640 miles

With the engine running, the truck makes a quick-paced rhythmic squeak when the clutch pedal is not depressed. The slightest depression of the pedal silences it. I've had 2 people already tell me it's the throw out bearing, and since this is the third clutch on the truck, it is possible the old bearing was used in one of the repairs. I guess my real question is, if it is the throw-out bearing that needs to be replaced, how difficult is it to do, and how is it done? I have moderate mechanical skills, but I am no expert.
Xooloo

CLUTCHES -1989 Chevrolet Pickup C1500
Page 1 of 1
CLUTCH ASSEMBLY & PILOT BEARING

Removal
1.Remove transmission. Remove slave cylinder from bellhousing. Remove screws and flywheel cover. Remove bellhousing. Remove clutch fork and release bearing. Remove ball stud or clutch fork retainer if worn or damaged. 2.Install clutch pilot in clutch disc during removal. Mark flywheel and pressure plate for reassembly reference. Evenly loosen pressure plate bolts one or 2 turns at a time until clutch plate spring tension is released. Remove clutch pilot, pressure plate and clutch disc.
Installation
1.Support clutch disc and pressure plate on flywheel with clutch pilot. Ensure reference marks are aligned. Tighten bolts evenly to avoid distortion. 2.Remove pilot. Lubricate ball stud and fork fingers with high-temperature grease. Lubricate O.D. groove and pack grease into I.D. recess of release bearing. 3.If clutch fork retainer is being replaced, install retainer so that fingers and tabs fit into release bearing groove and retainer wraps around flat side of ball stud. See Fig. 1 . Reverse removal procedure to complete installation.
Fig. 1: Clutch Assembly & Pilot Bearing
Courtesy of GENERAL MOTORS CORP.

9/21/2008

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_clutch_2.jpg

Merlin2021