CHEVY CRANKS BUT DOES NOT START

1988 Chevrolet Truck

1988 Chevy Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual 75,000 miles

My engine wont start, but I have spark and the TBI is sucking in air but I don't think I'm getting any fuel. I put gas in the tank and still not getting fuel. The in tank fuel pump isn't very old. If I spray a bit of ether in the TBI carb then it will start but wont stay running. I disconnected the fuel line to the carb and there is fuel there but the over head injectors aren't spraying anything down into the intake. It ran fine a few days ago. If anyone has any suggestions please help me. I need my truck to move.
Banedarkwolf

Check fuses, and relay if its not one of these its your fuel pump. When you turn the key do you hear the pump working? It should hum for about 5 seconds and then stop. Iv'e had the same thing happen to me and I beat myself to death trying to avoid changing out a almost new fuel pump. I know there a pain in the sass but you can get weak or even bad new parts. Never let them run out of gas, this will burn them up quick, even one time can do it. You can try changing the fuel filter but Iv'e never seen a fuel filter on this model truck clog all the way up. Tapping the tank with a block of wood(if you can get to the metal part of the tank for the cover) may vibrate it enough to get it to work, again never hardly works and if it does its going to leave you stranded again.

Doityoureself