CHEVY KEYLESS ENTRY REMOTE

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe

2007 Chevy Tahoe V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 25400 miles

My keyless entry remote quit working for both mine and my wife's remote suddenly. I have to open the car manually then the remote works for about 10 minutes. If the car is left off for longer than that the remote doesn't work. I have replaced the battery in the remote and it didn't help. I tried the relearn menu and it didn't help either. What could be the problem?
Dtbull49

This might help. Subject: Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Inoperative, Poor Range, Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) Message Displayed, Remote Vehicle Start (RVS) (Replace RKE Transmitters and Reprogram Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR))

Models: 2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, SRX

2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Equinox, Suburban, Tahoe

2007 GMC Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali XL

2007 Pontiac Torrent Some customers may comment about one or more of the following conditions: • The remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters will not program, function and/or the RKE transmitter low battery message is displayed.

• The Service Tire Monitor System message is displayed.

• The new RKE transmitters cannot be programmed.

• The remote keyless entry (RKE) and/or remote vehicle start (RVS) transmitter has poor range. Cause
Any of these concerns may be caused by an internal fault with the transmitters and/or the RCDLR software/hardware. DO NOT REPLACE THE BCM OR RADIO ANTENNA MODULE. Reprogram the RCDLR with the latest software update available through TIS2WEB. Replace both Remote Keyless Entry transmitters.
Program the transmitters using the procedure listed in SI.
Perform the following steps in the exact order: 4.1. Remove the key from the ignition.

4.2. Open and close the driver's door.

4.3. Close all other doors/trunk/liftgates.

4.4. Wait 5 minutes.

4.5. Press the Unlock Button and verify that the doors all unlock.

• If the customer's concerns are corrected, no further repairs are required.

• If the customer's concerns are NOT corrected, proceed with step 5. If the customer's concern is still present, replace the RCDLR.
Program the RCDLR with the latest software update available through TIS2WEB.
Reprogram both Remote Keyless Entry transmitters.
Post back with what you find.

Brian 1