CHEVY TIRE PRESSURE READING

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

Tires and Wheels problem
2005 Chevy Tahoe V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 43000 miles

I have tire pressure reading available. The pressures read correct but not for the right tire position. Do I need to re-set something? When I purchased it less than one year ago, the dealer had just installed new wheels.
Deannarae66

You must be talking about the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). First off, use a manual tire pressure gauge to make sure that you have the correct pressure in that tire.

AVALANCHE, SILVERADO, SUBURBAN & TAHOE

1. Turn ignition switch to ON position, with engine off. Apply parking brake.
2. Turn headlight switch from OFF to parking lamps 4 times within 4 seconds. A double horn chirp will sound and the low tire pressure indicator will begin to flash to indicate the learn mode has been enabled (the low tire pressure indicator should continue flashing throughout the matching procedure, and " SERVICE TIRE MONITOR" message will be displayed on the DIC).

WARNING: Overinflating tires may cause personal injury or damage to the tires and wheels. When increasing tire pressure, do not exceed the maximum inflation pressure as noted on the tire sidewall.

NOTE: If a horn chirp does not sound after 35 seconds for any of the 4 sensors, turn ignition switch to OFF position to exit the learn mode. Repeat procedure from step 1.
3. Starting with left front tire, increase or decrease the pressure for 8-10 seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. Horn chirp may occur before the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached, or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached.
4. After horn chirp has sounded, proceed as in step 3 for the next 3 sensors in the following order: right front, right rear and left rear.
5. After left rear sensor has been learned, check to see if the low tire pressure indicator is still flashing. If it is, turn ignition switch to OFF position to exit relearn procedure. Adjust all tire pressures to specification. If the low tire pressure indicator is not flashing, repeat procedure from step 1.
6. On some models, the DIC may list all 4 of the tire pressures at 0 psi after tire pressure sensor relearn procedure has been performed (although PDM/RCDLR reads correct learn value of the tires). To complete the relearn procedure on these models, drive the vehicle at highway speeds for 5 minutes.

Zackman