CHEVY FAULTY WINDSHIELD WIPERS

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe

2004 Chevy Tahoe V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 111, 00 miles

Onc my windsheild wipers are turned on they will not stop when the switch is in the off position. Sometimes when I turn the engine off then the will not start again, but most of the time, once the engine is turned back on they will start up even when they are in the off position. Can you tell me the problem?
Debrick67

Without being there, I would say you have a bad switch. Is there ever the time you turn them on and they don't work?

I had the same issue with my 1995 Tahoe. I replaced the turn signal / wiper indicator (left of the steering column), but it did not fix the problem. This was also a major PITA.

I then changed out the wiper electronic board under the hood. This is mounted near the wiper motor against the firewall. Black case approx 4" X 6". You will need a torq or allen wrench to take the cover off.

10 minute fix. The part was available from O reileys for +/- $20.

Stammster