CHEVY 4X4 PROBLEM

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

2003 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

the service four wheel drive message comes on. I have replaced the selector switch on the dash. I also replaced the transfer case control module and had it programmed by the dealer. I changed the fluids in everything. Im down to maybe a transfer case motor or a speed sensor not sure. When I start it up the selector lights on the dash switch are supposed to stay where you left it but it has a mind of its own. It may start in low range, automatic, or really any of them, but what the main thing is when driving in 2 wheel after a block or so the transfer case kicks into neutral then I have to stop put the transmission in neutral then put it in auto 4 wheel to get to wherever im going. Let me know.
Inkedup

It could be the actuator on the transfer case, but to me it sounds like there is an electrical problem. Have you checked the wiring harness to the actuator to make sure it is in good condition, clean and tight?

All the harness and connections are clean and tight any way to test the wires? I have a digital multimeter.

Inkedup
If you want, you could have a helper changing the 4wd control in the vehicle to determine if you are getting power (when switched) to the harness.

Thanks for your input. I'm a mechanic by trade. Ive checked all the obvious things. I know its an electrical issue because the four wheel drive system has its own electrical system. The mechanical part is fine no noise or grinding. I'll just continue to replace parts till its fixed.

Inkedup
How do I get my money back. Im glad thats all I donated. I noticed people that didnt donate got better answers. Ill try it.

Inkedup