CHEVY NO START

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

1999 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 162500 miles

My 1999 Tahoe with 162500 miles on it will fire but will not start, I have changed the fuel filter and it fixed it for 2 days, then I changed the fuel pump and that fixed it for 5 days, now it is doing it again, the only thing I can think of is the fuel injectors and regulator, I have been told that there is an upgrage to a mpi system, what do you think about that and what other parts will I need, thank you very much.
Blue2door

Yes there is an update to the injectors, harness and controller, you may have to fabricate brackets

comes in a kit

Buzzsaw
Why does the vehicle start after letting it sit for a half a day or so.

Blue2door
When it doesnt start try spraying some carb cleaner down the throttle plates and see if it starts then you know its fuel related

Buzzsaw
I also replaced the injector assembly and the ignition switch, it is still starting then dying, any ideas. Could it be because of a worn down key?

Blue2door
Go to autozone and have your codes read, may tell us something, history and current ones

Buzzsaw
There are no codes present in the computer, it will start in the evening and not in the morning, when you turn the key to the on position in the morning the security light stays lit and does not go off, in the evening it goes off after 5 seconds or so and the vehicle starts and runs. Any ideas?

Blue2door