CHEVY BRAKE LIGHT SENDING SWITCH

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

1999 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

I have no brake lights. All fuses are fine. Turn signals and hazards work fine. Tail lights work fine. I just have no brake lights.

I purchased a part manufactured by " Standard" Item Number #SLS213 or V07198. It's called a Switch/Commutateur Interruptor.

Basically, A plastic switch that mounts onto the brake pedal under the steering column. Therein lies my problem.

How do I get to it? There are two bolts under the steering column which hold a plate however the steering column is welded to the plate that holds the bolts.

Can you explain the process of how I can replace the switch? The more details for me the better as I'm not the brightest bulb.

Thanks,

Mysticjoe101

The brake switch should be right behind the brake pedal slightly upward.

Legitimate007
Legitimate007,

I appreciate your taking the time to reply however. I know where it is. I said so in my original question. What I'm looking for is the process of getting to it.

It is above the steering column which is surrounded by brackets which are welded to the bottom of the dash and the steering column itself. My original question is.

What is the process of getting to it? That is, what needs to be removed? How? Is there documentation anyone can point me to that outlines the process?

Mysticjoe101