CHEVY DRIVESHAFT,AC,TRANS,

1997 Chevrolet Tahoe

1997 Chevy Tahoe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 15000. Miles

Ok Is Repalcing a Driveshaft a Big deal is it $$ Does anyone know a good place to take it?
Badbonegirl

Well, first of all, why do you think you need to replace your drive shaft. Usually it is the U-joints that need replacement unless the drive shaft has broken a U-joint and fallen out on the road or some way gotten bent. Drive shafts are balanced and can sometimes throw a weight that is attached to them. Then they start to vibrate at certain speeds, usually highway speeds. As far as repairs go, replacing a drive shaft is pretty straight forward and much easier if you can purchase one with new U-joints already installed. Then it is a simple bolt in deal. Replacing U-joints can be trickier and is much easier if you have a hydraulic press.

You may try sharing the symptoms that you are having with the vehicle with us and why you came to the drive shaft as the problem.

Dwb812
I expect that you are referring to the front halfshafts and not the propeller shafts so they have no u-joints.

That is quite a job to change and does require some special tools.

Wrenchtech
Sorry Wrenchtech,
This post was a prank by my teenager and his friend. I left my browser open to this topic while out in the shop for a couple of hours and they did some advising in my name. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will take steps to ensure it does not continue to happen.
DWB

Dwb812
Thanks for telling me. We don't need any of that.

Wrenchtech
I don't think he'll be doing it again. His punishment is digging up a piece of foundation (5-6 ft deep) where a repair needs to be done. I was gonna use the backhoe but I handed him a shovel instead and he wont get the keys to his car back until the hole is dug.

Dwb812
Glad you told us. I was pretty pissed at you before. I thought something smelled fishy when I looked at the rest of your posts.

Wrenchtech
Glad I caught it too. I didn't really wanna start out that way on the forum.

Dwb812