PARKING TAIL LIGHTS

1996 Chevrolet Suburban

1. 1996 Chevrolet Suburban
2. 132K miles
3. Automatic Transmission
4. 4 wheel drive
5. No sounds
6. No fluid leaks
7. No Past repair history

problem is the rear parking lights do no illuminate. Front ones are fine. Brake light and rear turn are also fine.
Mkjavajoe

Sounds like a broken wire or disconnected. the wire is the brown one check with a tester to see if you are getting voltage to the tail lights. with the brake lighs and signals working i doubt it is the ground but check it in case here is a wiring diagram.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/54223_wiring_diagram_for_1996_chevy_suburban_1.jpg

M_H_RITZEL
That was my initial assumption.
I had not heard of a wire breaking, and with out takeing the wire out of the loom, it all looked good, so I thought possible ground wire issue too.
I'll go look harder and check the ground issue too.
Look for a post later.

Mkjavajoe
Use a tester to check to see if you are getting juice to the sockets. If you are with the parking lights or brake lights then there is a bad ground.

M_H_RITZEL
No power for running lights.
Power for rear turn and brake are good.

Mkjavajoe
Looking at the diagram the current goes through a 20a fuse in the fuse block, then goes to the headlight switch, a brown wire connects to all the parking lights, as well as the license plate light and clearence lights if you have them. Do you have rear side marker lights? These too are connected to the brown wire.

M_H_RITZEL