CHEVY CHEVY 350 WONT START

1993 Chevrolet Suburban

1993 Chevy Suburban V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

My friend has a 93 Suburban that wont start. We put new fuel pump and filter in it.
that didn't fix it. We have good fuel pressure to the throttle body but the injectors wont spray when trying to start. When we dump gas in the throttle body the truck will start and stay running as long as you have the gas peddle pushed more then half way. As soon as you let the peddle up, the injectors shut off and the truck dies. I have no idea why. So if some one has a clue please let me know.
Qwertyu22

How long since a tune-up? Use a gage and check fuel pressure. Any applicable trouble codes? You should be able to access mil codes, if there are any? Use a noid lite check for injector pulse, voltage and ground, the computer won't ground the injector without rpm signal.

Internetmechanic
It turned out to be the ignition module under the distributor cap. Its the first time I ever seen that go bad. Thanks for the help. Also it had no codes showing and good pressure at throttle body.I didn't know that the injectors wouldn't ground with out rpm signal. That is probably what the the problem was. The module went out and the computer never got rpm signal until we revved the motor after we dumped gas in the throttle body.

Qwertyu22
Glad you got it going your way.

Internetmechanic