CHEVY HEADLIGHTS

1985 Chevrolet Sprint

1985 Chevy Sprint Manual

My passenger side headlight is dimmer than the driver side. It is so dim I got a ticket for only having one headlight. I already replaced the headlight and it is still dim.
I went to the gas station and hed the mechanic adjust the headlight but that isn't the problem.

I unplugged the driver side head light and when I did it turned off the passenger side as well. So I than went and unplugged the (dim headlight) passenger side and it only turned off that side.

I had my roomate test the wires and they were ok.
I cant afford to take it to the shop So I must figure out what the problem is. If you can help me with any ideas on what could ne the problem, troubleshooting ect would be so appreciated. Thank you
Erinpedregon

That is due to the fact the power goes through the right headlight, then to the left, so when unplugged it breaks the circuit. Do you have a full 12 volts at the dim light?

Jack42