CAN YOU HELP ME WITH MY DASH LIGHTS?

Chevrolet Silverado

I have an 01 silverado z-71, with 101, 00 miles and none of my dash lights work including the instrument panel, climate control lights, and headlight switch, all fuses are good in the side panel, and under the hood, daytime running lamps work and automatic headlights still work, just no dash lights, except for gear selector, message center, and all indicator lights(seat belt, bright lights, etc.) Any ideas?
Ashell81

Sounds like you may have a bad dimmer switch. Check and make sure the 10amp fuse marked ILLUM is good and make sure that the dimmer is isnt turned down.

Cly

Cly
Dimmer switch? The interior light dimmer, or the headlight dimmer?

Ashell81
The interior ight dimmer. It is part of the headlamp switch. It has a knob or dial on it to adjust the bightness of the interment panel lights.

Cly

Cly
I had the same problem in my 92' silverado.
My dimmer switch is all weird. Had a short in it.
I took it off and found nothing, but if I keep the dimmer switch as bright as it can go I have dash lights.
Hope this helps

good luck

Sargentwoody