CHEVY POWER STEERING NOISE

2005 Chevrolet Silverado

Steering problem
2005 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 128765 miles

I replaced my PS pump ( 3 times), becasue it was starting to groan. The first pump made the same groan, I reflushed the system and it seemed queit till I baced it out of the garage, then it started again. I then got another one. I flushed the system again. This one was quiet, but shortly after, it would lose the power asisst. I went for one more, and went back to the groan. I also replaced the hose, from the pump to rack, and flushed it out again.

I replaced my PS pump on my 1999 Silverado, with no problem at all, it was making noise at around 101K.

All my parts were coming from NAPA. Am I not bleeding the system right?

I'm about ready to get a new pump from the dealer
Rick Loren

Remove return line to flush also return line maybe partialy blocked starving pump causing groan

Docfixit
Did this and replaced return line from cooler to gear, still have groan.

Rick Loren
Is steerinf effort increased? Does wheel bind? Is noise diffinately from pump not steering box? Has ball joints been checked for binding?

Docfixit
NONE OF THAT HAPPENED WITH ANY OTHE POWER STEERING PUMPS.

I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER, THEY REPLACED IOT WITH A NEW PUMP AND IT WORKS FINE.

I HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE NAPA PARTS.

WILL RETURN THE LAST PUMP AND HAVE THEM CROSS THE GM PARTS NUMBER TO SEE IF THERE WAS ANOTHER PUMP AVAILABLE.

Rick Loren
You certantly have cause to suspect NAPA pump return and notify of concern. They need to let jobber know of defect after 3 pumps they owe you some compensation.

Docfixit