CHEVY ENGINE POWER LIGHT AND LOW POWER

2004 Chevrolet Silverado

2004 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 111000 miles

I have an intermittent low power failure. The low power light comes on and I have limited power especially if going up hill. If the cigarette lighters are used for charging cell phones, the aux power fuses blow and this happens regularly. Recently a friend borrowed the car and these fuses blew. Once they were replaced the car ran fine except that on one mountain pass the problem occurred again. The battery power gauge is not working and the fule gauge is also not working. I am not worried about the fuel gauge as I use mileage, but would like to know if there is something underlying the low power problem that can be fixed. I have had in in to two shops for diagnostics work but since it is intermittent they do not experience the problem.
Mdoherty

I had a cigarette lighter go bad, and the fuse would blow as soon as I plugged in the heater element. Replaced the entire cigarette lighter, problem solved.
Also, your diagnostic port is probably powered by the same fuse, if the fuse blows, you can't read trouble codes.

02redcamaro