CHEVY MY TRUCK IDLES LOW AND DIES. HELP!

2003 Chevrolet Silverado

2003 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 86000 miles

My 03 Silverado started acting up again. A year ago I had this problem and it mysteriously went away after a few weeks. A few days ago it started the low idle and power loss again. I thought the battery was no good, charged it, still the same prob. I thought ok maybe its the alternator, went down to the auto parts, got one and popped it in. That wasnt it either. Now it seems like its just getting worse. I start the truck and it immediately idles down very low between the 0 & 1 rpm mark and then just dies. If I dont hold the gas peddle down it wont stay running. If I turn on the air conditioner it just sucks all the power from the truck and it will die even quicker. Lights will dim down as the idle drops lower.
I havent tried taking it on the road since. Strangely when this started my oil pressure gauge began working and then not working. Now the " ding ding" noise when I leave the door open or the key in the ignition is working. I recently had the plugs & wires, airfilter and oil changed and it was running fine after the service. I have heard of this problem from others with a 03 Silverado, any suggestions?
Chevycamarogirl

I think the two things I would do first is to see what codes are in the PCM.
Second, I would have the pcm read to find what calibration software is in it.

Then you can find what the most recent one is here:

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/mitchell1eautorepair-car-repair-manuals

This may be a reprogamming problem.

Get you some intake and throttle body cleaner and a baby bottle brush and take off the air intake and clean out the carbon build up works great my 03 was doing the exact same thing I changed the alternator and battery and still the same thing. $230 later I pick up the $3 bottle of cleaner and it did the trick live and learn

Slee
THANKS FOR THE ADVISE. I GOT SOME CLEANER AND SPRAYED THE MAF SENSOR OUT YESTERDAY. I WILL TRY CLEANING THE INTAKE TOO. I DID PUT IN A K& N AIR HOG AIR FILTER JUST BEFORE THIS STARTED. SOME SAY NOT TO USE THOSE FILTERS BECAUSE OF THE OILS ON IT. I USED IT IN MY CAMARO AND MY MOTORCYCLE WITH NO PROBS, MAYBE MY TRUCK IS JUST PICKY. THANKS AGAIN. I WILL POST RESULTS. L

Chevycamarogirl