CHEVY POWER STEERING AND BRAKES

2001 Chevrolet Silverado

Steering problem
2001 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 177000 miles

truck brakes and power steering were working fine, I was at a red light started to make a left hand turn could tell very quickly the power steering was very hard to turn pulled into parking lot and brakes were not working had to push very hard on peddle to stop. Checked fluid level on powersteering pump it was a little low but still in operating range, brake fluid level was just below max level. Could not find any leaks no movement on belt pullys, belt felt tight, no noise or warning lights came on. Thanks for any help, Jerry
Jcbarger

Sounds like a problem with the power steering pump. Your truck sounds like it has a hydro-boost system which uses p/s pressure for the brake booster, so if one goes away, you loose both. Try removing the drive belt and see if the p/s pulley will move outward away from the pump, I have seen a few GMs break the shaft which will do this

Jack42