CHEVY BLUE SMOKE FROM EXHAUST

2001 Chevrolet Silverado

2001 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 226000 miles

At startup the vehicle runs great - very little smoke, a little high fuel smell, but I think thats normal. After warmed up it smokes a lot and when its at an idle then you go to take off it leaves a cloud, then clears up to moderate smoking. The injectors were changed at 117000 miles. And the engine runs great other than the smoke. Im guessing that oil is left on the cylinder walls and then burns off at acceleration, its a pretty distinct blueish white smoke so I dont think it has to do with the fuel mixture. My question is what your best guess is as well as wether it would be worth it to pull the cylinders out and change the rings or if something else would be a good idea? And I donated 20 last time, Im sure Ill be back if you continue to help, thanks.
Rgdsolution

Is your engine using any coolant? How much oil is it using in 1000 miles? You MAY have an oil control ring problem. The rings may be stuck or just worn out. On the outside chance that it may be stuck rings you may want to try an additive that claims to correct that problem? Sorry but I would have to shop the shelves at the auto supply store to see whats available, I can't recommend one.

The Factory Man
[quote=" rgdsolution" ]Engine Performance problem

Blue smoke is oil, wight smoke is water or coolant, black smoke is excessive fuel. From the sounds of it you are going to need new rings and if your block is too bad u may need to bore it. It could also be valve seals leaking, or a leaky pcv valve. So I would check those first.

Chevynick08