CHEVY FUEL INJECTORS, SENSORS AND PUMP

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

2000 Chevy Silverado 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

When driving the truck it would suddenly lose power and stop, like I was running out of gas. After it sat for awhile I can dirve it again. I replaced all 4 O2 sensors and the fuel filter.

I was told I could try adding BG44K to the gas tank and this would clean the fuel injectors. A mechanic said he uses transmission fluid instead and it works just as well.
Gogo1949

When the problem occurs, have a helper crank it, while you visually check for spark at the plugs. If that check out, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Some of the national brand autostores used to loan out a fuel pressure gage, if you don't have one. Don't let gas spray all over a hot engine. Safety is your responsibility.

To check for spark, you can use a known good spark plug or spark tester, carry it in the glove box, it won't get hot. If the engine is hot, wear gloves and/or use a spark plug wire puller. Pull the plug wire, stick tester in the boot, ground metal part of plug/tester to metal part of engine. Engine cranking, watch for spark. Let us know what you find.