CHEVY BRAKE LINE ROUTING

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Brakes problem
2000 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 94000 miles

have a 2000 Silverado, while replacing a rotted brake line from master cylinder to ABS module all of the front lines desintergrated above frame. I cannot tell which line ran to which port. I need to know brake line routing for the 4 brake lines from front of vehicle to ABS module. Fifth line to rear is no problem, (upper right, if looking from front of module) as it is already replaced. Thanks for any info.
Rick
Rjvries

I cant find any diagrams of that for you in my software. Are 2 out of the four differnet in size? Maybe try Googling it or looking at another truck like yours

Jack42
Hi rjvries,

I have to replace my brake lines from the front of the ABS unit because they have rusted where they leak. I was told by a repair shop they wanted $95/hr to do this. I am a instrument repair guy and have bent miles of copper, ss, steel impulse lines. So I bought the tubing $30, tools $150, fittings $20 and I am ready to kink some tube! I will draw a diagram of what the routing is and post it. I am spreading this job over two weeks. Remember good work takes time.

Muddrum
I also had to replace the front brake lines because one failed and the others were ready to fail.
I made a sketch of the junction block on the drivers side near mid vehicle.

Looking from vehicle front to rear, here is the layout: There are three connections along the top. From left to right, the connections are Front Left Wheel, Front Right Wheel, and the Connector near Left Rear Wheel that serves both rear wheels. The bottom two connections go to the Master Cylinder. The Left Connection goes to the rear Master Cylinder Connection and the Right Connection goes to the front Master Cylinder Connection.

Good Luck - this is not a fun job.
Remember that the end flare connections to the vehicle must be double flares.

Kayak11
To kayak11, thank you very much for the posting. I had to do the same job and it helped in the end. For those of you doing this job. Do not use steel line, if possible use copper or have custom stainless steel lines done. Also, plan on raising the cab off the frame by 1 1/2 inches on the left. Also raise the bed 3 inches as well. This will make it easier to route the lines by the frame. The stainless steel lines were custom bent and little difficult to run but in the end it's well worth it. Have fun!

StevenC819
AH to much hassel just go to the dealer and buy the lines u need. They can give you a diagram and it shows u where it hooks up. If it was 1 line I would try and fix it but not the whole sym. Maybe at a salavage yard. NEVER USE COPPER TUBING.

Cadieman