CHEVY VIBRATION IN DRIVE SHAFT

1999 Chevrolet Silverado

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1999 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

I recently replaced the both U-Joints in the rear drive shaft. Now I have a vibration around 45mph, but nothing at lower speeds. I have tried rotating the drive shaft but I cannot seem to get rid of the vibration. Any ideas how I can re-balance the shaft or what I can do?
Windog1

Make sure U-Joints are seated all the way and if they are then you can find a drivshaft shop to reballance the driveshaft and if problem persists then rotate tires and see if it changes to front I have had some that after changing U-Joints still had shake and turned out to be tire ballance

Jnovack
I'm interested to find out what method you used to replace the u-joints? The method used to balance a drive shaft isn't much different than wheel balancing. The old timers would use hose clamps to balance the shaft instead of getting another one. I can tell you the method if it comes to that. Depends on your budget I guess.

Autofixer2
Not sure what the name of the method is, I simply removed the entire drive shaft from the truck by removing the 4 bolts on the rear axel, then loosing the old U-joint, then I slid the front part of the axel out of the transmission. I then had the drive shaft with both front and rear U-Joints + the short 12" yoke piece that went into the transmission on the bench. From their I removed the clips on the old joints and pounded out the old caps. I basically then followed the reverse process to put the new ones in. Ps, I did try to mark the drive shaft and transmissoins with chalk as recomended however it wore off durring the installation of the new joints.

Windog1
The reason I asked how you removed the u-joints was to find out if you used a hammer. You said you " pounded" it and if you did you most likely bent the drive shaft. It doesn't take much. I used a hammer years ago on a dodge dakota drive shaft and it displayed the same symptoms as yours. Drive line vibration only at certain speeds. That was before I was schooled and I can tell you I never did that again. Do you have a vise? You'll probably be doing the job again.

Autofixer2
I have a 1999 chev, just changed steady bearing and rear and middle u joint, now I have a vibration, does any body know what might be wrong, thanks

Leodoyle