CHEVY VIBRATION DRIVING ME NUTS

1999 Chevrolet Silverado

Suspension problem
1999 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 178, 00 miles

I had a set of BFG all terrain tires, which were wearing out, and rightly so they had 70k miles on them. I noticed that the front right side was wearing worse than the others, and there was a horrible vibration at around 70mph. Sure enough when I purchased the same exact tires I was told they would not be warrantied unless I replaced the right side upper control arm, the pitman arm, tie rod, and had the torsion bars adjusted. This cost me an extra $800 (mostly b/c they marked up every part they bought by almost 50%). Anyway the truck rode fine for about two months, and now that vibration is back. It only happens at around 70-80mph. I just had the tires rotated and aligned, and it got worse (shakes the whole cab). Is this a tire problem or a suspension problem? Do I need to replace the same parts on the left side that were replaced on the right side? How do you tell if suspension parts have gone bad?

Thanks in advance for any help that I get.
Rayhay27

Hi there, Is this a body vibration only or do you feel it in the steering as well?

Mhpautos
I feel it more in the body, than the steering wheel. I have had tires go bad before on another truck, and I distinctly remember feeling the steering start to shake real bad. That doesn't happen in this case.

Rayhay27
Hi there,

With a body vibration you will be looking at rear tyres and re suspension problems, if it was front you would feel it in the steering, check out the rear end and rear wheels/tyres first.

Mhpautos