CHEVY TURNS OVER WONT START

1998 Chevrolet Silverado

1998 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 127, 00 miles

Hello. In dire need of answers. Had pickup about a month, and had nothing but problems. It will turn over, it is getting fuel, but seems like its not getting enough spark. Someonetimes when I turn the key, it wont even start. I have to turn it off and on to even get it to start. Fuel pump has already been replaced due to leaving me stranded two weeks ago. Ran fine up until I went to start it this morning. Didnt even turn over, but all the gages and everything came on. Tried jumping it, and that wasnt the issue. Even with a full battery, it starts and sounds like its dying when its starting. Dont understand. Was told timing or spark plugs and such. But I dont see how it would run great up until this morning. Took distributor cap off and cleaned it up, still no luck.
Sbay

Have the battery and alternator tested at a local auto part store such as AutoZone for free. This should narrow it down a little more or indicate that one of those components needs replaced.

Bluelightnin6
Well, the battery is new. The alternator should be tested. But it has ran fine, never had any issue that could lead to alternator. THank you for replying though!

Sbay
A tune up may help the issue. Plugs, wires, fluids, filters etc. It may be your ignition switch going bad as well. Several things can cause this, just have to test one at a time so you don't end up replacing 10 parts just to fix one issue.

Bluelightnin6
Ok. So had a few things looked at. Battery was fine. Spark plugs were replaced. Timing is fine. Alternator is fine. Come to find out each time you crank it, the spark plugs are getting drowned in fuel, which means too much fuel is coming through. So, was told it could be a broken fuel line under the intake, bad fuel pressure valve, or possibly a stuck injector.

Sbay
It could be many things, other than those mentioned. I suggest testing fuel pressure at the railing. Usually symptoms of faulty regulator are black soot on spark plugs, black smoke coming from tail pipe, rough idle, fuel in oil, stalling and/or raw gasoline coming out of tail pipe. If a fuel line was cracked, I do not believe the fuel would make it to the plugs. Are you sure the plugs are getting spark to burn the fuel? If they do not spark, then fuel is going to fill up there after cranking it.

I know the plugs are new, so perhaps the coil packs are not sending spark to the plugs. Test the coils for power to ensure they are sending spark to the plugs.

Bluelightnin6