CHEVY FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

1998 Chevrolet Silverado

1998 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

my vehicle has the sequential fuel injection system. The fuel pressure regulator is located inside the upper intake plennum. When removeing the plennem to get to the regulator the book says to disconnect the vacum line from the regulator but I fine no vacum lline. I'm confused! The regulator has a vacum port but no line hooked to it. Am I to asume that the vacum is created inside the plennum and therfore needs no vac line? Can that regulator be bench tested?
Larry G.

To bench test, you need to hook up a fuel pressure tester from auto zone loan a tool and follow the instructions.

You can pull the metal ring that holds the fuel pressure regulator striaght up with a pair of pliers and or pry out with screw driver, then pull regulator out. You'll need to get a pair of needle nose pliers and pull out little O ring inside hole that the regulator came out of. Replace with new regulator if defective. Regulator has a strainer, check too. Dont forget to hok up retaining bracket to regulator.

PS. I changed out mine last week, thier is no hose hook ups on it.

Ninamarie
Thanks ninamarie, since I was in there I just replaced the fuel injection assembly which included a fuel regulator. Truck starts and runs good but doesnt like to start on the first try.

Larry G.
Use fuel pressure regulator from auto zone and check the fuel pump. The test kit which is a loan atool. Includes a how to do it book with all the hook ups.

Ninamarie

Ninamarie