CHEVY FUEL PRESSURE

1998 Chevrolet Silverado

1998 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 162000 miles

What Can Cause Low Fuel Pressure besides a faulty pump. I've been through three fuel pumps in two years. They Run Just stop putting out adequate pressure for the engine to perform properly.
Brobbins100

If you do get a pressure reading but the reading is lower than normal, the cause may be a weak pump, a blockage in the fuel line, filter or tank inlet sock, or a faulty pressure regulator. Also, low voltage at the pump may prevent it from spinning fast enough to build up normal pressure. Check the voltage at the pump. If OK, check the fuel filter and lines for obstructions and the operation of the fuel pressure regulator before you condemn the pump.

Does it help you any if I say this will be my third pump if I change it. It runs fine for about a month, then I cant floor it, for about six months run smooth under normal acceleration though. And now I can barely get up to fifty mile an hour without it stumbling. I have a pressure reading of thirty key on engine off, a reading of about twenty five at idle and a reading of about eighteen at full throttle.

Brobbins100
Your fuel pressure specs is 60-66psi