CHEVY WON'T START

1997 Chevrolet Silverado

1997 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

It wouldn't start, I changed fuel pump and it started. Let it sit for about a month, would not start. I finally got it started and it ran fine until the weather turned damp. Will not start. I can hear the fuel pump run, I checked for spark. I tried pouring some gas in throttle body but did not help at all.
Konan

Do you have a check engine light or has come On and fade away? Its been 11yrs when was the last tune-up?

I checked for spark.-Do you have it? Also the fuel pressure did you check it when you put the new one On if its withing specs-I need to know this before I can continue

I have spark, did not check fuel pressure, I do have a " check engine" light. I actually got it started today by putting my hand over the air intake on the top of the manifold and when it sucked on my hand it would attempt to start. By opening my fingers a little it finally started. Once it started it would start fine. I took to the local Autozone and the scan said it had multiple misfires, (possibly due to my hand covering the intake) it backfired a few times, and a MAF error.
This is the third time this has happened.

Konan
Misfires can be caused by worn or fouled spark plugs, a weak spark (weak coil, bad spark plug wire), loss of compression, vacuum leaks, anything that causes an unusually lean fuel mixture (lean misfire), an EGR valve that is stuck open, dirty fuel injectors, low fuel pressure, or even bad fuel.