CHEVY TURNS OVER, WONT START.

1997 Chevrolet Silverado

1997 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 208, 00 miles

Engine died while driving. Won't start. It blows ECM-B Fuse when key is turned to on position. I cant read diagnostics code with my super-chips programer because it tells me my ignition key is not turned on. The engine will turn over, but it will not start. The fact that I cant read the code really pisses me off. Please help, I need the truck for work, and I cant afford to take it to a shop. I will use this site again and gladly make a donation if I can get to work and make some money.
Tim Knutsen

When the ECM B fuse blows there's no power to the fuel pump try this pull the fuel pump relay and see if the fuse blows

This worked. Should I replace relay?

Tim Knutsen
Pulling the fuel pump relay keeps the fuse from blowing. I replaced the relay with a new one, but the fuse still blows. Is the fuel pump the problem? Bad Ground?

Tim Knutsen
Unplug the fuel pump connector check again if the fuse will blow-don't blow-replace the fuel pump-Bad ground will not cause your problem here unless its shorted to the fuel pump hot circuit gray wire

I pulled the pump plug and it did not blow the fuse, but I have no power to the gray wire

Tim Knutsen
After 2 secs the fuel pump will lose power when the fuel pump de-energizes. If no power at the gray wire check this wire with the black and white wire if its shorted together

How do I do that?

Tim Knutsen
By using a multimeter check the 2 wires together while doing a continuity test if there's continuity exist its shorted together wires are touching together and its not suppose to.

Whle fuel pump connector disconnected -I want you to power the gray wire on the fuel pump side from the battery did the fuel pump come on and it started up

Your last message needs to be very clear, step by step because I don't know electrical technical terms such as continuity but I will look it up. You said " with the fuel pump connector disconnected, supply power from the battery to the gray wire to see if the pump comes on. If its disconnected, how will it come on? Did u mean power from battery straight to the pump harness gray wire, not through entire harness? That makes sense, sorry.

Tim Knutsen
Correct, You're right on the money