CHEVY NO BRAKE LIGHTS

1994 Chevrolet Silverado

Brakes problem
1994 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

My truck has no brake lights. The tail lights, flasher, and reverse lights all work. Both brake light bulbs are good, and the fuse is good. I'm just not getting any power to the sockets. If it was a wiring problem I'd think more of the rear lights wouldn't be working. I'm thinking it's possibly the brake switch, but I'm not sure where it's located. I looked up under the dash around the brake pedal but didn't see it. Is it in the engine compartment? Thanks for your help.
_fletch_

Welcome, does the high-mount brake lite work? If it doesn't, I'd check the brake switch, activated by brake pedal arm. Did you use a testlite on the stop fuse circuit, to see if it was hot? You can also heck the circuit to and from the brake switch.

Thanks for the quick reply. No, the high mount brake light doesn't work either, so I guess that still brings me back to the brake switch. I can't seem to find that switch. I would expect there would be some kind of linkage connecting the brake pedal to the switch, right? On my truck, it just looks like the brake pedal goes through the floor board. When I look on the other side (the engine compartment), everything is covered. Do you know if the brake switch is inside the cab or the engine side? Everything's pretty cramped in there, so it's possible I'm missing it, but I'm just not seeing it. Once I find the switch, I think I'll be good to go.

_fletch_
Usually the brake pedal arm goes up, not through the floor-board. The contact arm for the master cylinder goes through the firewall. The switch should be higher, activated by brake pedal arm.