CHEVY SERPENTINE BELT WON'T STAY ON

1992 Chevrolet Silverado

1992 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

I drive a chevy 1500 4x4. Recently the belt started squealing very loudly and slipped off one of the pulleys, since the belt was in bad condition I decided to replace it. When I got the new belt on the tension looked to be about right only about 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch of deflection. But when I started the truck up is started squealing and the belt slipped off again. Does this mean I need a new belt tensioner?
Ggw5911

This meaqns something is probably seized. With the belt off, physically turn every single pulley and look for the one that is rough to spin or is wobbling. Get back to us

Mastertechtim
Probably, also check all pulleys, any out of alignment with the rest? If there is an idler change that too.

Merlin2021
The AC compressor pulley was siezed. Is there a way for me to fix this without having to get a new compressor installed.

Ggw5911
If you can locate one at a junkyard, it's held on by a 5/16th bolt, and a snap ring. If the compressor is good! Can be the bearing in the pulley.

Merlin2021
Thanks alot guys. I think its the bearing in the pulley because I can get it to spin if I hold it in just the right position.

Ggw5911