CHEVY FUEL PUMP

2001 Chevrolet S-10

2001 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2001 chevy s-10 auto. I just replaced the fuel pump, have replaced fuel filter also. I know the engine runs, putting carb. Cleaner and some gas. When Iturn on the ignition, I don't hear the fuel pump " whirrrrr.&Quot; I can switch the relays seeing how they all the same in the fuse control box under the hood. No effect. So, att-ta bit of a loss. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Speedy37

Hi, with engine cranking, did you check for voltage and ground at the fuel pump connector? Gray wire is voltage, black wire is ground. Also, use a noid lite and check for injector pulse.

You can also check the circuits at the fuel pump relay.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_s10_fuel_pump_relay_2.jpg

I tried checking for power, and no luck. I have power to relay, just nuttin after. Should mention that checking power at relay, it's diaganol which shows power. Just can't locate the fuel oil pressure switch sumting.

Speedy37
If your talking about an oil pressure switch in the fuel pump circuit, MOD doesn't show one on this vehicle.

If you unplug relay, engine cranking, two terminals should be hot. Orange wire hot all the time. Dark green wire with white tracer, should be hot also, if there is an rpm signal.