CHEVY 01 CHEVY WON'T START IN THE MORNING

2001 Chevrolet S-10

2001 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 75000 miles

After sitting over the weekend my truck won't start on Monday mornings. After coming home from work 10 hours later, it starts right up this is the third week in a row. Tuesday through Friday, no problems. The engine cranks but doesn't turn-over. The battery is charged and the contacts are clean. I've changed the fuel filter twice and just tuned it up. Truck runs great except for Monday mornings. I don't know what it could be. I need help.
Jdavis293

Does it have a problem cranking or it will not start with exstensive cranking on monday

Wineburger
It won't start with extensive cranking. I can keep cranking it until the battery starts to drain with no luck.

Jdavis293
The truck will need to be tested on monday morning to see if it has no spark or no fuel possible cause is the injectors bleeding off over the weekend. But it would normally start after cranking a few times

Wineburger
You need to check to see if your getting spark. By the sounds of it, your Ignition Control Module needs to be replaced. That is the component that controls the coil.
Another thing is listen for the fuel pump. You should hear a buzzing sound coming from the gas tank. If you do not hear a buzz then your fuel pump is dead.

Bobbing
I forgot to mention, listen for a click from the glove box when you turn the key to on. You should hear the fuel pump relay clicking. If not then that relay may be dead. There are 3 relays in the glove box. They are all the same kind. The fuel pump one is on the far left. The middle one is the horn. If the relay on the left does not click, switch it with the horn one in the middle.

Bobbing
My bad, I didn't see you said it starts sometimes.

Well then it sounds like it could be the check valve/ball in the fuel pump that holds pressure in the line when the pump shuts off.

Bobbing
Intermiten problems is one most difficult to diagnose. They have to be checked when the problem occurs to eliminate all the possibilitys to end up with the solution to your problem. If you check for spark and fuel see what you dont have and diagnose it from there.

Wineburger