CHEVY FUEL TANK PRESSURE SENSOR

1999 Chevrolet S-10

1999 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

The fuel tank pressure sensor, where is it located and how do I change it?I have a repair manual yet I do not find any instructions for this. Can you tell me if there is another name for it? Your help would be greatly appreciated. I have had so many repairs lately I need to see if I can take care of this myself. Thank You.
Chomos

It is located on top of the fuel pump sending unit/module which is mounted in the top of the gas tank. If some of the work you have had done recently was a fuel pump, then quite possibly whoever did the fuel pump forgot to plug in the pressure sensor or they broke off a terminal in the sensor when plugging it in.

A little trick. Its possible that you can reach on top of the fuel tank with the tank still installed in the truck. If so, unplug the sensor. If you need to replace it, you can pull up on the sensor enough to remove it. Spray some kind of lubricant on the new ones rubber gasket and reach on top of the tank again and stick it in the hole. Just make sure it gets mounted all the way in the hole. If the bottom piece of the old one breaks off and falls in the tank, dont worry. It's too small to do any damage.

You just saved yourself about $300 in labor /wink

Jetsa