CHEVY FUEL PUMP

1998 Chevrolet S-10

1998 Chevy S-10 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 200000 miles

Okay let me start at the begining. A week ago I noticed a bog in the low parts of the gears. 2 days ago I was at at school and I came out and the truck just wanted to crank and crank but would not turn over, so I had it towed home. The next morning I started trouble shooting. I checked the valve on the fuel line next to the throttle body and no pressure. Next I removed the connection at the fuel filter to see if I could get gas to spray out when I turned on the ignition. Nothing. I checked the relay and it was fine. And I looked over all the fuses although I did not see one labeled fuel pump I checked them all. So I figured it must be the fuel pump so I replaced it and im still getting nothing. Someone said fuel pump/oil pressure switch
Josephmascola

Hi josephmascola and welcome to 2carpros

When you turn key to run do you hear the fuel pump for 2secs? If not

Check ECM B fuse 20amp. If okay-check the ground circuit to the pump. Fuse and ground okay-could be coming from the computer fuel pump relay control

This is how it works-

When you turn the key to run-the pump comes On for 2secs then the relay de-energizes-this time frame will prime the fuel system, when engine starts cranking and oil pressure is being build up it will close the fuel/oil pressure switch and powers the fuel pump. In that 2secs you should have fuel pressure-if not check the fuel pump again