CHEVY IGNITION SWITCH

1993 Chevrolet S-10

1993 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

Ok I have a 1993 chevy blazer S-10 4x4. The ign/gau fuse keep blowing. After searching the net I concluded that it was the ignititon switch. But now I can't get the new back on. I cannot figure out how the acturator rod connects with the switch. Please help pics would be great also there is no eletrical current flowing in the inst/lps circuit fuse is good
Blazerowner

IGNITION & DIMMER SWITCHES Removal Remove steering column support bracket bolts and support bracket. Lower steering column. Disconnect dimmer switch electrical connector. Remove dimmer switch retaining screws and remove dimmer switch. Remove dimmer switch actuator rod. Remove ignition switch retaining screws. Disconnect ignition switch electrical connector. Remove ignition switch. See Fig. 1 . Installation 1. On standard column, move ignition switch slider to far left position, then back one detent to right. On tilt column, move ignition switch slider to far right position, then back one detent to left. See Fig. 2 . Ignition switch should now be in OFF/LOCK position. 2. Install ignition switch onto steering column. Ensure actuating rod is aligned with ignition switch. Install dimmer switch actuator rod. Connect dimmer switch to actuator rod. Place a 3/32" drill bit into hole on dimmer switch. Position dimmer switch onto steering column and push against actuator rod to remove lash. 3. Remove drill bit and tighten dimmer switch retaining screws. See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS TABLE at the end of this article. Connect ignition switch and dimmer switch electrical connectors. NOTE: It is not necessary to remove steering wheel. Ignition and dimmer switches are mounted on top of steering column. NOTE: Install ignition switch with switch in OFF/LOCK position. NEW ignition switch will be pinned in OFF/LOCK position and plastic pin MUST be remove after installation of ignition switch to steering column.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_1_26.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_2_26.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_3_26.jpg

Get switch in and working then if circuits still have problems, you need to go "parasite hunting"

Merlin2021
Thanks for your quick reply. But there are 2 rods 1 for the dimmer switch and 1 for the ignition switch thats the one I'm a little confused about I guess it connects so that you can go though all 5 positions with the key.

Blazerowner
You position the switch as shown, and put the rods into that notch, then attach it to the column.

Merlin2021
The acturator rod for the ignititon switch sits at a 90 dergree angle and in order to connect the rod to the switch it must sit at a 45 dergree angle. When I tried to connect it there is tension on the rod because or the difference in angles or I am missing something in my haste I did'nt note the position of the rod as it connect to the switch I hope I am making sense I am working on a picture hope to send you one soon

Blazerowner