CHEVY CLUTCH POPPED

1993 Chevrolet S-10

1993 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 130000 miles

i got stuck in snow yesterday. Blizzard of 2010. But I was really working my tranny. 1st reverse 1st reverse non stop. I finally got into some decent snow where I could move but then got stuck again. I put it in reverse and was on the gas for about 3 minutes just spinning. I went to push the clutch in and it wouldnt go in so I pushed a little harder and it just popped. Now it just feels like water. It goes to the floor and comes back up. Nothing engages the only thing it will do is start. Please let me know any info about this.
Ehansford22

Hi there,

I would say that you have blown a seal in the master or slave cylinder, check the slave on the side of the gear box, if there is any fluid under the rubber boot it has had it, you will have to check the back of the master cyl as well, look under the dash where the pedal is, check for fluid on the fire wall where the clutch rod is, start here.

Mhpautos
There are no leaks anywhere. I just went and purchased a new clutch and pressure plate. Before the insident my pedal actually caught almost all the way to the top. Me and the guy I live next to put it up on his lift and opened up the little box on the side of the tranny and the fork is very loose. Hes a very good mechanic so im gonna start at the clutch kit. Then go from there. What do you think

Ehansford22
Hi there,

OK, if you have no leak in the hydraulic system, then it will be a mechanical problem, I would check out every thing very carefully, even the pedal box and linkages to the slave, some Fords here have a problem with failing welds on pedal box's causing odd clutch issues, just to be safe check this out before removing the transmission, best to be sure first, let me know how you get on.

Mhpautos
Alright. just changed the clutch and pressure plate. and throw out bearing. the pedal is still water. where do i go next??

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/490062_0227001937_1.jpg

heres the old clutch. it deffffff needed to be changed anyway

Ehansford22
Hi there,

do a power bleed of the hydraulics, see if there is any air trapped in the system.

Mhpautos