CHEVY THROTTLE BODY FUEL INJECTION UNIT

1987 Chevrolet S-10

1987 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 185000 miles

Engine runs is a 2.8 5 speed 4x4 ext cab only runs when gas is poured into throtle body injection unit from can. The electric fuel pump is working and there is voltage on the 2 injectors on the throtle body injectore each has 2 wire and the test light lights on both injectors but the gas does not come out of the injectors. Plenty of gas going into thje bottom of the throtle body gas input line. (Quetion if the other side of the injectors is a ground and maybe I should run a small jumber petween that side of the injector to a know ground.) All new clutch and new rebuilt engine everything seems good just throttle body injector will does not seem to work. How do I hot wire the throttle body injectors to work?
Luckyfreeman69

The throttle bodies used to not make a good connection with the wires to the unit. So make sure those are good where they connect. You still might get a signal with a test light but it may not be grounding. The iginition sysemt sends the signal to the computer for the injectors to work so you may have a problem there or a connection at the distributor or computer connection.

I'm just curious luckyfreeman69, did you get this problem fixed? I'm having the same troubles, my 1987 s10 2.8 just died on me going up the street and never has started again. I'm having the exact same issues as you are. I'd appreciate your help, if this worked, can you give me exact details. Thanks

Carsharks