CHEVY ABOUT MY TRUCK

1985 Chevrolet S-10

1985 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

how do I put a distrubutor pick up coil on a 85 chevy s10 I need the pic and instructions on how to put it on
Jpmp2009

The distributor has to come out and apart. Just make sure the dot on the distributor gear lines up with the rotor. You'll see once it's out. Make sure to remember where the rotor is pointing when you take the distributor out so you can retime it easily.

I got the disputer out and I trying to get the truck coil off how do I take it off

Jpmp2009
Ok now you have to drive the pin out of the distributor gear on the bottom and pull the shaft out. Make sure to put the gear on the same way when you put it together so mark it. Pull th eshaft out and take the module out by taking th two screws out. Take teh vacuum advance off and the pickup coil may lift out or it will have a slip ring on the housing holding it on. Take that off and the coil then reassemble. I was trying to get a picture off of a site but can't seem to do it. If I can get it i'll send it along. It's not that hard.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/406719_G1985 Chevy S-10raphic_4.jpg hope this comes through......